Friday, June 11, 2010

Safety First


Mommy is very careful about buckling you into your car seat (except for that one time back in December or January when I forgot). I am also very good at reminding Daddy to do it correctly. I say things like: "Are you really sure you buckled the base in tightly?" and "Did the seat click into the base? Did you hear two clicks, the front click and the back click?" and "Did you pull the strap tightly? It might need to be a little tighter than you'd think."

A week ago I was asking Daddy some of these questions (or maybe all of these questions, repeatedly) as I got into my car and he put you into his car. Finally, he gave up and put you where he thought you'd ride best (see photo above).

You'll be pleased to know that after shrieking and covering my face with my hands, I was actually able to laugh a little and whip out the camera to take the picture. That's right, Thisbe, I pushed down my desire to whisk you to safety so that the moment could be captured on film forever. Personal growth and good parenting do not always go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment