Sunday, June 13, 2010

Canine Companionship



It seems impossible that I have not yet dedicated an entire post to your relationship with Luxy. Impossible because Luxy is essentially your favorite being on earth. If Luxy could produce milk, I am convinced you would ignore me altogether.

What has prompted me to write about Luxy today? Well, you have moved vocally toward a new syllable, one that sounds an awful lot like dog. Well, actually it sounds like "deg" or "dek" and kind of like "dick" but we're going to encourage "dog." Though secretly I hope that "dog" isn't your first word because "doggie" was your dear friend Eleanor's first word and it would be kind of sad for you to toally rip her off like that. I mean, I can understand wanting to be like Eleanor, she is cool: she pushes a lawnmower, eats chocolate cake, and walks. Who wouldn't want to be like Eleanor? Still, no one likes a copycat (copydog?). But then again, I guess I'd rather have your first word be "dog" than "dick" so maybe I should count my blessings.

And maybe I should just start a whole separate blog called "Your First Word" since every other day Daddy and I spaz out about it being something different.

But back to Luxy. When you first started to crawl, Luxy was wary and even a little nippy (well, she threatened nippiness). But she's adjusted now and has become the Dog of Tolerance. Some of your favorite pastimes involving the Dog of Tolerance include: batting at her collar, pulling fistfuls of hair from her haunches, and crawling though her legs. Dog of Tolerance's favorite pastimes involving Thisbe include: curling up at Kaethe's feet whenever Thisbe is nursing, shaking collar loudly outside Thisbe's room at 6am, and licking Thisbe excessively if she starts to get a wee bit too enthusiastic. I pray that your future friends will be equally accommodating to your intense, impatient, and passionate spirit, Thisbe.

At church, Pastor Tim ends every sermon by saying "God loves you, and so do I." Let me end this post by saying: "Luxy loves you, and so do we."

No comments:

Post a Comment