Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blah

You are at lap sit at the library with Dada and I am supposed to meet you in ten minutes, so this will be quick:

1. You know your right hand from your left. Or so it seems at the moment.

2. If someone asks where Mama is, you point to me. If asked to say Mama, you say "Bup."

3. Our first Montessori class yesterday, you clambered all over Allison, backing up into her lap to read stories, bringing her puzzles. You completely ignored me. You adored snack time. You sat on a little wooden chair at a little wooden table and got to pour water from a silver cream pitcher into a plastic shot glass. From time to time you would take a sip of the water and say "ahhhh."

4. I have had a cold for 12 days. You've been snotty for 16.

5. Due to some goings on at work and the snow and the cold and your end-of-sickness crabbiness, I've been feeling pretty depressed. So we went to the Citites this weekend and Grandma watched you while I cried a little and read a book and watched X-Files and bought a new black bathing suit with swaths of fabric over the belly to make me look more svelte.

6. We are going to Florida in 2.5 weeks! Bright light! Bright light!

7. Your father has been wonderful and supportive and lovely to both you and me. He is supremely patient and full of hugs even though he isn't feeling the greatest either.

I could write more but I'd rather walk over to the library and find you playing with a toy and Daddy watching. I'd rather pick you up in my own two arms and kiss your two dear snot-crusted cheeks. I love you, dear one.

1 comment:

  1. What great story i love this post and i will say to thank you for the attractive posting.

    Travel Tourism

    ReplyDelete